Our Dec.16th event SOLD OUT in less than an hour! We are overwhelmed by your response and we are SO pleased that YOU are excited! In an effort to accommodate everyone, we are planning a SECOND event so that no one is left out of Polar Express Day. We will announce details as soon as plans are made and confirmed. Thank you for your excitement and support!
- * This event is included in ACM/Anytime Membership benefits (to learn more about CMoW Memberships click here)
- * Information on how to purchase online tickets for Weekday Members will be announced Friday, Sept. 22nd
- * There will be no day of ticket sales for this event
On Tuesday, October 10 we are offering FREE admission for everyone! You're invited to join us as we celebrate 20 years of service to our community. We have an exciting day planned as a way to say THANK YOU for the many years of support.
For one spectacular evening, we’ve brought together some of the finest yachts in the area, all exceeding 40-feet in length. Stroll the docks, wine and dine, and imagine cruising up and down the coast. It is the perfect coastal showcase of everything that makes our corner of the world so special. Donated luxury items are sold in a silent auction and one lucky raffle winner will have a choice between all-inclusive vacation packages! Dinner provided by Sawmill Catering Company. Open bar (21 and up to enter).
On Saturday, October 21 from 9:00am - 12:00pm celebrate the changing seasons and falling leaves at our Fall Festival. There will be fall crafts, face painting, a bounce house and MUCH MORE! You don't want to miss this event!
Anytime Members: FREE
Weekday Members: 1/2 admission ($4.87 per person)
Military and Seniors: $8.75/person
Did you miss making colorful slime on New Years Noon or eating paleontology pudding at Dino Day? Join us on Museum Mashup when we rewind the year and revisit some of our favorite museum activities! Our staff will pick our most popular stations from all of our 2017 monthly events for one huge day of activities! We're going back in time to celebrate the best of the best!
Our largest and most exciting fundraising event of the year! For one evening we’ve brought together some of the finest yachts in the area, all exceeding 40-feet in length. Stroll the docks, explore wine and dine, and imagine being able to float from port to port wherever you’re fancy takes you. It is the perfect coastal showcase of everything that makes our corner of the world so special. In-kind donated luxury items are sold in a silent auction, and one lucky raffle winner will have a choice between all-inclusive vacation packages!
The Museum offers parties featuring great themes that provide a worry-free experience for parents and an exciting time for children. Our celebrations will make EVERYONE smile!
Come party with us!
- Exclusive use of a private party room for 2 hours (adults are free, siblings will be counted in the guest total).
- Full day Museum admission for all party guests so children can play after the party.
- The Children's Museum of Wilmington birthday invitations.
- Includes a fun, educational activity for all children. (Choose from our party themes listed below).
- Party supplies include themed table decorations, napkins, plates, cups, tablecloths, spoons, and cake knife.
- Each of the party guests will receive a $1 admission pass.
- Set up, clean up, and general assistance by our friendly staff
- Our designated party space has plenty of room, fun designs and privacy for your child's special day!
Select Your Theme
- Princess/Prince Party - Feel royal and make lip gloss or Wizard Balm!
- Pirate Party - Be adventurous and go on a treasure hunt around the Museum!
- Science Party - Put on your thinking caps and make slime using our special, secret recipe!
- Art Party - Get creative and paint on a take-home canvas!
We offer discounted pricing for Museum Members. See a complete breakdown of prices below:
- Parties up to 10 children:
- Members- $230
- Non-Members- $250
- Each additional child is $6
- Parties up to 20 children:
- Members- $270
- Non-Members- $290
- Each additional child is $6
RESERVE YOUR PARTY TODAY!
Contact our Party Coordinator at 910-254-3534. ext 102 or Email Us
Want to bring your class or group to explore? Our field trips are a BLAST!
Choose from our field trip packages below:
- Basic Field Trip: $6 per child - Includes a brief orientation and 2 hours to explore the 4 floors of hands-on exhibits. *Minimum of 15 children required*
- Field Trip Plus: $8 per child - Includes a brief orientation, 90 minutes to explore the 4 floors of hands-on exhibits, and a 30 minute educational program of your choice (Choose from Art, Literacy or Science). *Minimum of 15 children required*
* Valid Memberships may be used for adults but not for children*
- Field trip groups smaller than 60 may be booked for Tuesday - Friday during the school year.
- Mondays during the school year are reserved for field trips with groups of 60 or more.
- Summer availability subject to change. Please call the Museum for details.
Bag lunches may be brought to the Museum and eaten in our courtyard or multi-purpose room for a fee of $30.
We charge a small clean up fee of $10 per Field Trip. Delayed arrivals past 20 minutes from the contract start time will result in a late fee charge.
Reserve your field trip today!
Contact our Field Trip Coordinator at 910-254-3534 ext. 102 or Email Us
Keep your kids active this Summer with our AWESOME Summer Camps!
Galaxy Academy: June 19th-23rd, 9-1pm
Join us in a galaxy far, far away, where Jedi knights face off against evil forces to restore freedom to the universe. Campers will learn about different characters, construct their own light saber, and explore the legendary Star Wars series through arts, crafts, science, and more! Come dressed as your favorite Star Wars character and be ready to use the force!
Kids In the Kitchen: June 26th-30th, 9-1pm
Join us in wonderful cooking/baking adventures! This camp will be focused on creating culinary delights daily. Each day kids will whip up new tasty creation to add to their very own recipe books. From veggies to desserts, get ready to try it all! Parents watch out, the kids are taking over the kitchen!
Edible Science: July 10th-14th, 9-1pm
Tantalize your taste buds with these crazy experiments! Our edible science camp encourages kids to explore the world around them using hands-on activities and tasty recipes! They will learn the basics of biology and chemistry in a fun and educational environment. Learn how ice cream is made, make s’mores using the sun, and learn how our bodies digest our food! Come experiment with us to create something delicious using science!
Superhero Camp: July 17th-July 21st , 9-1pm
Blam! Pow! Smash! These will be all the words the kids will be hearing throughout our Superhero camp! We will learn why Superman is so strong, where Wonder Woman came from, and just exactly who Batman is! All of our games and activities will feature super powers, good guys, and villains! Join us to fight crime and stop the bad guys from attacking the museum!
Camps are $125 for members and $150 for Nonmembers. We offer a 5% discount for siblings.
Email our Camp Coordinator to request a Registration Form and return using the options below:
In person: The front desk at The Children's Museum of Wilmington
Mail: c/o Kathleen King 116 Orange Street Wilmington, NC 28401
(DURING OFF SEASON – STAY TUNED FOR INFORMATION ABOUT OUR UPCOMING CAMPS! TO GET ADDED TO OUR CAMP INTEREST MAILING LIST, EMAIL – email@example.com)
The Museum is a great place for meetings, showers, reunions, and all different types of events!
Book a private facility rental today!
A flat $100 per hour fee (with minimum of 2 hours) is assessed to rent out our multi-purpose/birthday room located in the front part of the Cowan house and closest to our 2nd street handicap entrance. If rental is after normal business hours, only the rented room with be accessible, not the entire Museum.
- Room Capacity: 30 people
- Ideal Usage: Company breakfast, lunch meetings, training, seminars, lectures and more.
General Facility Rental
Fees for the use of the entire indoor Museum space are based on a 4-hour rental, including setup and breakdown time - generally allowing for a 3-hour function. The fee is $600. Additional hours are billed at $100 per hour. The rental time would start following our normal business hours at 5:00 pm.
- Museum Capacity: Approximately 375 people
- Ideal Usage: Large company functions, holiday parties, wedding receptions, church and social organization "family nights" or socials, family reunions, and more.
Rental of the outdoor courtyard area can be added on to the indoor general facility rental for an additional flat fee of $500.
We offer a discount on our rental rates to non-profit organizations with proof of status.
A non-refundable deposit of 50% of your projected total rental costs is due at the time of booking. A separate $150 security deposit must accompany this rental agreement. Reservations are not confirmed until this agreement is signed by the renter and the Museum representative and the deposits are paid. The remainder of the balance is due 4 weeks prior to the event.
The Museum does not cater events, but can recommend caterers if you so choose. Caterers must have proper licenses and liability insurance coverage. All catering equipment must be cleaned up by the end of the allotted party time. The Museum requires that a copy of the Caterer's Certificate of Insurance is made available for its files at least 2 weeks before the catered event.
- Total capacity including courtyard: Approximately 500 people
- Ideal Usage: Same as indoor general use, however the courtyard may be needed to accommodate a larger number of guests, or may be tented if a larger space is needed for seating.
There is no parking on the premises. There is metered parking located in front of the Museum on both Orange and 2nd Streets. Meter parking is enforced Monday - Saturday, 9:00 am - 6:30 pm.
The Hannah Block USO parking lot across the street from the Museum offers the following parking rates: Hourly: $1.25 Daily: $7.00 Monthly: $50.00
There is a public parking deck located a short walking distance away and free parking on several streets in the downtown area. Visit the City of Wilmington's website for more information about downtown Wilmington parking.
RESERVE YOUR FACILITY RENTAL TODAY!
Contact our rental facility coordinator at 910-254-3534 x 102 or Email Us